Custom Embroidered Clothing, Accessories and Gifts
My business began when I started making gifts for family and friends and decided to try and see if anyone else would be interested in my creations. Embellished Bayou was born in the craft studio of my Shreveport, Louisiana home! I became interested in machine embroidery (monogramming, appliques) in 2009 and my business has grown into a unique, custom online Etsy shop with items ranging from LSU and Louisiana themed onesies and t-shirts to birthday t-shirts and personalized plush lovies. I LOVE making custom items, so if you don't see exactly what you're looking for, please don't hesitate to contact me and I'll create something special just for you! Thanks for visiting!
HOW DO I ORDER?
- A standard price list for some items is available; however, so much of what I do and LOVE is custom, therefore I prefer to quote most orders individually. You will always know your total beforehand and it includes supplies, stitching and custom design work of a reasonable level.
- I use only high-quality, boutique style blanks (t-shirts, onesies, burp cloths, etc.). Occasionally garments from retailers such as Old Navy, Target, and Wal-Mart will be used in order to meet your color and size specifications.
- Sizing: Please refer to the Price List tab for sizing information or email me for details.
- My embroidered items are made using high quality fabrics and threads for the appliques and embroidery and can be made to your specifications. Please allow 7 to 10 business days for completion of your personalized item(s) AFTER payment has been received and before your purchase is shipped. A $5 rush fee applies to any item requested within 5 days.
- All of my items are made in my smoke-free, pet-free home studio.
LAUNDERING & CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- Garments and other items are at their BEST when hand washed and hung to dry. If handwashing and/or hanging to dry is not practical, please wash on gentle and dry gently on low.
- I typically use a soft covering on the back of garments to protect delicate skin from any irritation that the stitching might cause. This backing will likely begin to come loose around the edges over time. It typically outlasts the useful wearing life of the garment, but if you have questions about this backing, please ask.
- I currently prewash most items to eliminate initial shrinkage before stitching on them with rare exception.
- With Frayed or Raggy designs ~ as you launder and wear the item, you will see the frayed edges curl and continue to fray to an extent. This is NORMAL and expected for this type of design. You can iron the edges back flat if you wish but the fraying and curling is part of the beauty of this type of design. Simply trim any excessively long threads and appreciate the texture and dimension that these designs provide!
SHIPPING and RETURNS
- Shipping within the Continental U.S. ONLY is done via First Class or Priority USPS with a delivery confirmation number. If you desire insurance (recommended), please state that when ordering. I cannot be responsible for items lost by the Postal Service.
- As most of our items are custom and personalized, returns are not allowed unless there is serious defect. Choose your sizes carefully using the provided size charts. Returns based on wrong size ordered are not allowed.
- Payment at time of order is required.
- PayPal is the preferred method of payment. You can pay by credit card without signing up for a Paypal account! Learn more by clicking HERE.
- If you pay by personal check or money order, your purchase will be shipped once your check has cleared and you must notify me within 48 hours of the sale that you are sending payment. Payment must be received within 48 hours of purchase if paying by Paypal, or 5 business days if paying by check or money order.
- 5% state tax will be applied to all purchases shipping within the state of Louisiana.
- On occasion, when it is within a reasonable scope and distance, I can meet local customers to deliver an item. Most often, it will be your responsibility to make pick-up arrangements once notified that your order is complete.